Today’s furnaces are known for being more energy efficient and money-saving than ever. But what makes these furnaces so much better than they used to be? Improvements have been made over time to how furnaces are built and how they work, resulting in a more cost-effective, energy-saving system for you.
Here are some of the reasons why today’s furnaces tend to be more energy-efficient.
- They have a 2nd heat exchanger to get heat from the exhaust gasses that are usually just vented out of the home.
- They ignite electronically, instead of with a pilot light, only when needed.
- The blower adjusts speeds to save energy when not as much speed is needed.
- Two stage heating – a lower stage is kept running normally to save energy, but there is an available second stage that can turn on when needed for extreme cold.
- Sealed combustion lets the furnace draw air from outside, as opposed to from the heated air around your home.
Contact Polsinello Fuels today for more information on our furnace installation and service!