Did you know that your HVAC system should be getting some spring cleaning, too? Cleaning your system has significant benefits, including:
Saving You Some Money: Contaminants in the HVAC system causes the system to work harder, meaning your system is wasting precious energy on maintaining itself, rather than heating or cooling your home. When the system doesn't have to work so hard, less energy is used, making it more cost-effective!
Improving Your Indoor Air Quality: HVAC systems are great, but they can pull in and recirculate common allergens and contaminants several times a day. Over a larger span of time, these contaminants in the ductwork of the system. This isn't a huge health risk, but may contribute to allergy flare-ups and exacerbate other respiratory issues in those who are exposed to it.
How Do I Spring Clean my HVAC System?
Simple tasks can help ensure your system is cost-effective and running smoothly. Some steps you can take to ensure efficiency include:
- Making sure you're changing the filter each month (or vacuuming them out if you have a HEPA filter)
- Clear out the drainage hole on your air conditioner with a small wire or paper clip
- Remove the cover of your bathroom fans and wash it with soapy water
- Inspect the areas around your doors and windows to check for leaks, and caulk as needed
- Repair tears in window and door screens with clear household cement
Add these to your spring cleaning to-do list, and rest assured knowing your system is running smoothly. If, on the off-chance, you find your system is in need of repair or a tune-up, don’t hesitate to contact Polsinello Fuels, Inc!