We always strive to provide the best products to go along with our quality service. That is why we offer our customers Energy Star rated products to ensure they have the most energy efficient equipment possible.
But, what makes a product “Energy Star” material?
Let’s start with what Energy Star is. According to energystar.gov, “Energy Star is the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.” There are several strict factors that are taken into consideration before a product is given the Energy Star sticker.
Some of these factors include:
- Whether or not the product in question has an automatic “sleep” or “rest” mode.
- Televisions must only use 3 Watts or less of electricity when turned off.
- Refrigerators must be at least 15% MORE energy efficient than the “minimum federal efficiency standard.”
- In regards to products that cost more than their less efficient counterpart, the consumer must be able to make the difference back in energy bill savings.
- Energy consumption of the product must have the ability to be measured and tested. If you can’t test it, it can’t be approved as Energy Star.
- Light bulbs must use at least 2/3 less energy than their less efficient counterparts.
- And many more strict regulations!
If you want only the best, money-saving products for your heating and air conditioning systems, contact Polsinello Fuels today!