Regular maintenance ensures efficient operation of your heating system. Typically, heating systems are usually trouble-free and easy to maintain, however it’s important to understand the normal upkeep tips for your system. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
• Is your unit receiving power? If not, look for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers at the main entrance panel. Some furnaces have a separate power entrance, usually located at a different panel near the main entrance panel. Some furnaces have fuses mounted in or on the unit.
• Is there a reset button near the motor housing? This is another option for you. Wait 30 minutes to let the motor cool, then press the button. If there’s no response, repeat the process again.
• Is there a separate power switch? If so, make sure the switch is turned on.
• Have you checked your thermostat? Make sure the thermostat is properly set. If necessary, raise the setting 5 degrees.
• Does your unit use gas? If so, check to make sure the gas supply is turned on and the pilot light is lit. If it uses oil, check to make sure there is an adequate supply of oil.
If you’re still experiencing problems, give us a call at 518-465-3535 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.You can also visit www.polsinello.com for more information.