Minimizing your exposure to allergens inside your home is the first line of attack in reducing these allergic reactions.
Here are 9 suggestions for keeping summer allergens at bay in your home environment:
• Use air conditioning to reduce outdoor pollens or allergens indoors.
• Clean all air filters, air conditioner filters, and duct filters at each change of season.
• Run the A/C and keep your windows closed to prevent pollen from seeping in.
• Avoid carpeting and use smooth flooring instead.
• Steer clear of furnishings that gather dust.
• Use the hottest water possible to rid your laundry of dust mites.
• Every week, clean the carpet using a vacuum with a HEPA filter.
• If you live in a humid climate, use a dehumidifier to help keep humidity at 30% to 50%.
• Consider replacing upholstered sofas and chairs with furniture made of leather, wood, metal or plastic.
Follow these tips, and you may need fewer Kleenex after sneezing multiple times. Call us about installing air conditioning to keep down the pollen levels in your home, starting today.