- Tuesday, September 08, 2015
According to EnergyStar.com, homeowners can save nearly $200 per year by simply changing old thermostats to new, digital, programmable thermostats. If you are remodeling or simply wish to make your home more efficient, changing your thermostat may be a good step to consider. Updating your thermostats can be “one of the easiest ways you can save energy, money, and help fight global warming,” (Energystar.com). So, if your thermostats are older or are just not performing right, you may want to upgrade today! Some of the benefits of upgrading your thermostat include:
- Safer for your home: It has been learned throughout the years that mercury is unsafe, so why would you still want it in your home? Old thermostats contain mercury, whereas digital thermostats do not.
- Environmentally friendly: Since they do not contain mercury, they greatly reduce the amount of mercury found in landfills each year.
- Energy Efficient: Ever had the dilemma of wanting to avoid wasting energy by leaving your heat on while you aren’t home, but don’t want to come home to a freezing house? Digital thermostats are programmable, which means you can set your heating or cooling system to run when you want it to and for a specified amount of time.
- Saves money: Because digital thermostats are programmable and energy efficient, you will save money on your monthly utility bills.
- Works with any room design/layout: If you have been watching all of the design shows on TV and thinking about a home makeover of your own, a new thermostat is a detail that should not be overlooked. An ancient and bulky thermostat is certain to clash with any design!
Polsinello Fuels has a host of thermostat solutions which are certain to meet any homeowner’s needs. A new digital programmable thermostat is just one of the many energy saving solutions Polsinello Fuels offers its customers. If you would like to learn more about thermostats or improving your home’s efficiency, contact the BPI certified professionals at Polsinello Fuels today!