According to some data, the months between April and July are when the most house sales take place. April is just a few months away, and if you’re in the market for a new home, consider the heating and cooling of a home when making a decision.
Energy costs can’t be predicted, but it’s probably a safe bet to think they won’t dip drastically. Now, you have to consider heating and cooling systems that play nice with energy costs, otherwise, when buying a home, you might be buying into higher than expected energy costs.
During your first couple inspection of prospective home, keep heating and cooling systems and costs in mind. And, even if the systems don’t seem to be presenting any issues in the present, it’s ideal to think long-term and how much you’re willing to spend on repairs and replacements.
What to Look For:
1. Pay attention to the layout of the home. The layout alone may have a big impact on the energy costs to run the house. Are there high ceilings? If so, how efficient are the current systems for rooms of that type?
2. How many floors/stories is the house? 2 stories? 3 stories? A multiple level home may present an issue because of the way heat rises and how the system helps circulate that air. Do the bottom floors stay too cool while the top floor is making your forehead bead with sweat?
3. Zones. How many heating/cooling zones does the house have? In other words, if you have the ability to control the temperature by zone, this would be more ideal than if you had one single point of temperature control.
As you inspect potential homes, heating issues should be foremost in your mind. While obvious issues will be apparent, there are less obvious things that need to be considered.
4. Vents. Are there vents close to or under windows? If so, this may contribute to higher energy costs. Do the larger rooms even have vents or do they rely on a single vent? If so, this large area might take longer to heat and/or cool.
With new homes, you can expect to find heating issues can be addressed in an easier manner, where older homes present different challenges. In any event, contact us so we can help make your dream home more energy efficient with any number of the heating and cooling products and maintenance we offer.
For customer emergencies please call
518-465-3535 or 518-463-0084
518-465-3535 or 518-463-0084
News And Tips
- Compare Polsinello Fuels Inc. to Our Competitors and Stop Paying Hidden Fees
- Save BIG! Up to .15 cents per Gallon!
- Know How Your AC System Works and How to Stay Efficient-Polsinello Fuels Inc.
- And The Lucky Navien KD Water Heater Contest Winner Is…
- Support our 16th Annual Polsinello Foundation Golf Outing Fundraiser: July 14th, 2017
- Choose an Air Conditioning Unit That Will Fit Your Home and Your Needs
- The Benefits of an Air Conditioning System
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with a New Air Conditioning Unit
- Win FREE Propane or Heating Oil This Winter
- HVAC Spring Cleaning Tips to Keep Your System Running Smoothly
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (4)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (4)
- August 2016 (3)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- April 2016 (4)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (5)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (4)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (6)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (4)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (4)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (4)